By Account Management Intern Riley O’Shea
Well here I am at last, a Main-iac. Countless Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays have been spent training for this very moment; I have reached the pinnacle of small business marketing-and-advertising summer intern success. The journey was long, and boy, did I learn a thing or two along the way. Allow me to share three takeaways from my epic quest to achieve “main-iac” status.
- Interns, Telephones, and Pavlov’s “Classical Conditioning”
- If you are unfamiliar with Pavlov’s “Classical Conditioning” experiment, the Russian scientist conditioned dogs to salivate at the sound of a bell. Much like the bell, the ring of Madison+Main’s phone triggers an automatic jolt of the interns’ right arms towards the telephone to quickly answer the call. I have found this to be quite inconvenient outside of the office.
- Always Be Prepared for Important Meetings
- Mojitos: ½ lime, 2 tbs sugar, 1.5 oz white rum, ½ cup club soda, mint leaves, served over ice
- Bold Brands Really Do Win
- Dave and his crew of “Main-iacs” work tirelessly to sculpt the most effective brands for their clients. Contrary to what I initially thought, this does not mean creating the most in-your-face ad campaigns or brightly colored logos. The “Main-iacs” fuse their incredible creativity with calculated strategy to maximize their brands’ exposure. These guys really mean business and have a blast while they do it.