Madison+Main Wins “Most Likely To Keep Employees Engaged During A Global Pandemic”
Recently, the Madison+Main-iacs participated in a fun team-building exercise. We assigned “Most Likely” awards to our fellow team members. With a roster of creative minds, our superlatives are nothing like the “Most Likely to Succeed” or “Most Likely to Become President” awards that you may have seen in high school.
CommunicationsDirector Kent Brockwell will forever and always receive “The Best Beard” if you ask me…or his nonexistent barber. Check out our superlatives below! #BoldBrandsWin
- Allison Nida (Account Manager) has been named “Most Likely to Have Great Hair During The Apocalypse.”
- Andrew Simpson (Account Executive) was voted “Most Likely to Start A Cult If Stranded On A Desert Island.”
- Art Webb (Creative Director) received “Most Likely To Complain About The Long Line Getting Into Heaven.”
- Carissa Ghaffari (Senior Art Director) won “Most Likely To Be Late To Her Own Wedding.”
- Derek Fair (Copywriter) won “Most Likely To Solve The Biggie-Tupac Death Conspiracy.”
- Erin Rebmann (Senior Graphic Designer) was awarded “Most Likely to Bring Dessert.”
- Jenna Farley (Junior Graphic Designer) was unanimously awarded “Most Likely To Be Liked by Parents.”
- Jeremy Colb (Account Executive) received “Most Likely To Only Count Up To 8 #CheerleadingJudge.”
- Katie Rossberg (Client Services Manager) was assigned “Most Likely to Shout ‘That’s What She Said!’”
- Kennedy Heidel (Junior Communications Specialist) was awarded “Most Likely To Pun-ish You With Her Words.”
- Kent Brockwell (Communications Director) was given “Most Likely To Wear A Beer Brand Baseball Cap.”
- Leanne Ferry (Director of Business & Marketing) achieved “Most Likely To Be Smiling.”
- Marita Cardenas (Account Executive) won “Most Likely To Solve Your Problem Before You Know You Had A Problem.”
- Mollie Banks (Office Manager) achieved “Most Likely To Think Of Outside Of The Box Then Send You The Box.”
- Molly Whitfield (President & Chief Operating Officer) has been named “Most Likely To Take Over The World And Have Everyone Be Happy About It.”
- Chrislin Hearn (Junior Graphic Designer) earned the title of “Most Likely To Speak Softly And Carry A Big Stick.”
I was voted “Most Likely to Be Eating a Cheesy Western Right Now.”
MONDAY MORNING QUARTERBACK
This Monday, I was interviewed for the Jeff Katz Show and the John Reid Show on the best and worst ads of Super Bowl LV. Honestly, I wasn’t blown away by any commercials, but some brands came out on top, and others took quite a flop. When you spend $5.5 million on a 30-second commercial, you should probably hire an agency to make the spot. My favorite this year? Tough call, but I thought Jeep’s “The Middle“ because the two-minute-long story was not only cinematically pleasing but it appealed to our need to find common ground…in the middle. My least favorite? That one from the mortgage company, whose name I can’t remember, that was produced in-house. Listen here and here for my Monday chats.
Also on Monday, JeremyColb joined our roster of creative talent as an AccountExecutive. Jeremy has come to us with an extensive background managing clients from a slew of industries, as well as working on the other side as a creative. A Washington Capitals fan and competitive cheerleading judge, Jeremy has been here a week and already is fitting in with the team like he’s been here forever. Welcome, Jeremy! We’re happy to have you.
ASK YOURSELF PUNK, “DO I FEEL LUCKY?”
The world’s best Rotary Club — Midlothian Rotary Club — is sponsoring our Sportsman Raffle once again this year…despite the pandemic. Tickets are only $50 and you get 20 chances to win great prizes from Green Top Hunt & Fish. Monies raised benefit some great local charities. Get the details on the raffle and buy your tickets here. I’ve got my eye on the YETI Tundra 210 Quart Cooler and the Mossberg 12 Gauge. Be sure to write my name, Dave Saunders, as the “referring Rotarian” when you buy your ticket.
The Graphic Design team at Madison+Main recently created some Snapchat filters for our client COMPASS Entertainment Complex. Geofilters are filters that are available within a certain area, allowing the audience to contextualize Snaps and create interaction with the brand. Check them out!
Speaking of photos, our client Housing Families First (HFF) is hosting an online Valentine’s Day photo contest! Comment a picture of your Valentine on their Facebook page — funny or sweet, flattering or not — and potentially win a $100 DoorDash gift card! Housing Families First is a Henrico–based nonprofit that works with families facing homelessness in the Richmond area. This contest is aimed at raising awareness about the work HFF does in our community.
ULTIMUTT DOG LOVERS
Chesapeake Economic Development is offering a third round of COVID-related small business grants for Chesapeake-based businesses — with up to $10,000 in relief funds. After major success with its first two rounds of COVID relief grants, the Small Business COVID-19 Recovery Grant program is here to help businesses that have been adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. So far, they’ve delivered $2.5 million in recovery grants to 260 small businesses in Chesapeake, Virginia. Nice work, folks.
Feel like you’ve been in the dog house cause you forgot this weekend was Valentine’s Day? Sign up for this year’s re-imagined Dog Jog and 5K Run benefiting the Richmond SPCA for a socially distant and lifesaving experience for you and your special someone. Each year, they save about 4,000 homeless dogs, cats, kittens, and puppies.
Looking for the perfect match this Valentine’s Day? Listen to Jack, the wise-cracking “spokeplug” of Virginia Energy Sense’s Value Your Power program — he’s been matchmaking Virginians with energy-saving tips almost as long as Cupid. Learn more home energy-saving tips today thanks to this fun spot we created for our friends at Virginia Energy Sense. #VAlueYourPower #BoldBrandsWin
A FEW OF OUR FAVORITE EVENTS
CowanGates Memorial Blood Drive
13620 W Salisbury Rd. | Midlothian, VA 23113
February 16 | 2 – 6 p.m.
CowanGates, in partnership with Village Bank, is sponsoring a blood drive at Salisbury Country Club. Bring your mask and donate — giving blood will help save a life. Sign up today!
The Governors Land at Two Rivers ideal-LIVING Show
February 27-28 | Virtual
The Governors Land at Two Rivers is participating in an Exclusive 2-Day Live Relocation Event! Participants can register and experience live, on-demand presentation of resort communities and their experts in Virginia. Register today!
Got an upcoming event you want to share? Can we come? Send us the deets!
“Whatever makes you weird, is probably your greatest asset.” — Joss Whedon